Thermal Specialties LLC is accepting applications for the position of Furnace Operator. This is a safety-sensitive position. This person needs to be self-motivated and hard working. This person will be working in a hot environment while preparing loads that are to be placed in furnaces. This person will also:
- Monitor furnace process indicators to insure process requirements are achieved. (Time, Temperature and Atmosphere).
- Process product in accordance to production schedule to ensure customer expectations are achieved and minimize gap time between loads.
- Document all processing information on shop orders and furnace charts and logs.
- Fixture loads to achieve desired metallurgical results.
- Monitor furnace mechanical operations and perform preventive maintenance as needed.
We are in search of candidates with the following qualifications:
- Education must be high school diploma or equivalent and a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of metal working within the manufacturing industry setting 1-2 years experience.
- May be required to work overtime or any shift, including weekends
- May need to obtain and maintain forklift operation certification
- Time management, multi-tasking, problem solving, and teamwork skills.
- Must be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time in an office/industrial environment.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work within extreme temperatures.
- Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.